With our order soon going in for COPIC markers and COPIC products (after the long weekend!), I thought that I would share with you a list that I have compiled listing "Some reasons why COPIC Markers are all the rage!"
1. Copic markers are initially a larger investment(although our prices are among some of the best!), the Copic markers are refillable and all the nibs are replaceable making these markers a lifetime investment. You are not buying a disposable purchase. once you run out of ink or forget and leave a cap off.
2. Copic Sketch markers are available in 322 colours. Prismacolor markers are available in 156 colours. Copic Ciao markers are available in 144 colours. We carry the Sketch markers but will bring in the other styles by request.
3. All the Copic markers are refillable in both the Ciao and the Sketch with the standard Copic Various Inks. Many other brands of markers are not refillable.
4. Copic markers have a beautiful ink flow...both ends of the marker get the same amount of ink. It has been reported to me that Prismacolor does not- the brush end gets more ink than the fine tip end of the marker.
5. With the unique Copic airbrush system attachments you can airbrush with your markers. How cool is that!! The airbrush system is simple anyone can airbrush!!
6. The Copic markers are acid free, fast drying and won't dissolve toner on photo copies or photos.
7. The oval body profile of the Sketch marker makes it roll resistant on working surfaces. This shape is what fits in the airbrush system and one reason why I and many other people prefer Copic Sketch over the Copic Ciao. The Ciao marker has a traditional round barrel shape.
8. The solid propopylene body of the marker is both smooth and comfortable for a controllable grip.
9. The precise and positive coloured capping system provides for instant colour selection. Copic markers provide for an easy to understand colour coding system. For the quickest explaination, the alpha portion of the code tells you the colour family and the numeric portion of the code tells you how dark the colour is.
10. The body inscriptions and symbols are wear resistant and easily cleaned.
11. The nibs are made of durable polyester and are available for the Sketch and Ciao in 3 styles. 12. The tips: The chisel, brush and an optional tip (the firm medium round) all of which will fit in either end of the Copic Sketch and Ciao markers. The super brush is a soft flexible fast-flowing brush which can be used on its very tip for delicate areas as well as used like a brush for bold expression.
13. Unlike Tombow markers you can actually use the tip of the brush. When you are blending colours, you actually load your pallete by tapping the tip (tip to tip technique). Tombow markers are waterbased and will bead paper fibers when you try to layer or blend. Alcohol ink markers will not.
14. ....Now you will no longer worry about someone using your markers and ruining them.
15. If you forget to put the marker cap on and your nib dries out - you can replace just the nib not the whole marker. Many other brands of marker nibs are not replaceable.
16. The Copic Sketch marker has more ink than the Copic Ciao. Ciaos are available in only 144 colours.
17. The refills now provide you with 322 colours of alcohol ink to alter items with.
18. The bottle of colourless blender is 200 cc's of ink. It will refill your Copic Ciao marker approximately 100 times and your Copic Sketch marker approximately 70 times. The comparison that I found was this example: You would have purchased $300.00 worth of prismacolor blending markers for the $13.00 of colourless refill you purchased from Copic.
19. The colourless blender allows you to colour large areas of design without stroke marks, simply colour the entire image with the blender and then while the blender is still wet add your colour.
20. The Copic markers have a larger selection of skin tones than the prismacolor markers.
I believe that it is safe to say that most everyone who has used them absolutley loves them. The airbrush system is easy to use. It can be used on a wide range of surfaces including paper, fabric, plastic, and metal.
The above is a colour chart of the COPIC sketch markers. If there are some colours that you would like or other COPIC products, please contact the store or come in to place your order. Pre-payment is required. Here is the link to see these colours in a larger format as well as to view other COPIC products! http://copicmarker.com/
I hope this helps you with your decision to start using COPIC markers or furthers your reason why you are already using them!